With the Cardinals in the MLB Playoffs (again!), I say, “Batter Up,” on the weekends to this killer pancake recipe. Your breakfast repertoire should always have a no-fuss option. This one always yields sweet results.
2 cups pastry flour + 2 T sugar + 2 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp salt + 2 eggs + 2 1/2 cups buttermilk + 1/2 tsp vanilla + 4 T butter, melted
- Preheat griddle or pan
- Combine dry ingredients
- Whisk wet ingredients except butter
- Combine wet and dry until just combined; lumpy is fine
- Gently fold in 2 T butter; let batter rest for 15 minutes
- Using a paper towel, coat griddle with some of remaining butter
- Scoop a small amount (1/4 cup) of batter onto griddle
- Heat until bubbles form and break then flip
- Top with remaining butter; serve warm with maple syrup and additional toppings like strawberries (a favorite of Kid A)
Light and fluffy, these pancakes are the perfect breakfast staple. I always make the full recipe and freeze remaining pancakes in ziplock bags. An easy 1-2-3 breakfast for Kid A with a packed week of school ahead.